samedi, novembre 26, 2005

Victoria and Albert

Here's the only drawings of any worth I managed at the Victoria and Albert Museum today. A great place, broad range of stuff on view, I was only able to scratch the surface. A very dim museum in the rooms I visited, my eyes were watery and beset with tremors (or tremours, in light of their location) after a few hours of searching for a light source...I spent most of my time in the Plaster Cast Rooms, wherein reside excellent recreations of diverse, famous works of sculpture (and architecture--I mean BIG rooms). These pieces were once believed to be essential to a proper artistic education. Now no one cares except weekend dabblers and credulous out-of-towners. And me.

I guess these guys cared, too. Somehow. CLICK on either pic for a better view....